Trip Cancellation & Travel Insurance Program
This Travel Protection Program is for US Residents* traveling to US-based and international locations (not subject to published travel restrictions). The Modern Voyage Travel Protection Program is underwritten by the American Modern Home Insurance Company. This Program is provided only via licensed agents or authorized referral affiliates. This information is for current policy-holders: This Program is discontinued as of December 31, 2017.
Schedule of Benefits (All references to currency are in United States dollars):
|Trip Cancellation||100% of Trip Cost up to $50,000*|
|Trip Interruption||100% of Trip Cost up to $50,000*|
|Trip Delay||$600 ($200 per day maximum, Minimum 6 hours delay)|
|Baggage Delay (Outward Journey Only)||$1,000 ($200 per day maximum, Minimum 12 hours delay)|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||$100,000|
|Accident and Sickness Medical Expense||$25,000 ($50 Deductible)|
|Emergency Medical Evacuation||$250,000|
* This Program not available to residents of Alaska, Colorado, District of Columbia, Indiana, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Texas, Wisconsin, or Puerto Rico. Maximum Trip Cost is $50,000. Maximum Length of Trip is 60 (sixty) consecutive calendar days. See Restricted Countries at www.PAC7.com/FAQS/Travel-Restrictions. This schedule is only a summary of your insurance benefits. Your insurance benefits, including any exclusions, conditions and limitations, are described in full in the master policy issued to PAC7, a copy of which will be emailed or mailed to you upon purchase. View Sample Description of Coverage HERE. Travel Insurance benefits underwritten by the American Modern Home Insurance Company, Amelia, Ohio.
TRAVEL INSURANCE DISCLOSURES. Please Read: HERE
TRIP CANCELLATION COVERAGE. You may recover loss of pre-paid, non-refundable, and unused payments when a trip is cancelled or interrupted for one of the following reasons:
- Sickness, injury or death to You, a Traveling Companion, Family Member, Business Partner or Traveling Companion’s Family Member
- Destination is under a mandatory evacuation or is being made inaccessible or Uninhabitable by a Natural Disaster or Hurricane
- A terrorist incident
- Jury duty
- Primary Residence being made Uninhabitable by Natural Disaster (or) vandalism or burglary of Primary Residence within 10 days of Scheduled Departure Date
- You or a Traveling Companion being directly involved in a traffic accident substantiated by a police report, while en route to departure
- The Insured, Traveling Companion, Family Member or Traveling Companion’s Family Member, who are military personnel, and are called to emergency duty for a Natural Disaster
- Strike that causes complete cessation of services for at least 48 consecutive hours
- Inclement Weather causing delay or cancellation of travel
- Sickness, accidental Injury or death of the Insured’s child caregiver which results in medically imposed restrictions preventing the covered trip
- The Insured or Traveling Companion has an employer-initiated transfer of employment of 250 miles or more within the same organization
- The Insured or a Traveling Companion has their school year extended
- Job termination
- Theft of passports or visas specifically required for the Insured or Traveling Companion’s Covered Trip
EXCLUSIONS. Your description of coverage describes all coverage Exclusions which may apply. Please read your description of coverage carefully and completely.
Pre-existing Condition Exclusion: Means any Injury, Sickness or Condition (including any condition from which death ensues) of the Insured, or Traveling Companion, or Your and/or Traveling Companion’s Family Member or Your Business Partner for which medical advice, diagnosis, care or treatment was recommended or received by a Legally Qualified Physician within the sixty- (60) day period ending on the Effective Date. Sicknesses or conditions are not considered pre-existing if the Sickness or Condition for which prescribed drugs or medicine is taken remains controlled without any change in the required prescription.
The following Exclusion applies to Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Trip Delay, Accident and Sickness Medical Expense, Emergency Medical Evacuation and Medically Necessary Repatriation, Repatriation of Remains, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment: A Loss caused by or resulting from a Pre-existing Condition(s) shall be Excluded, unless:
a) the Policy is purchased within fourteen (14) days of Your initial Trip deposit;
b) the booking for the Covered Trip must be the first and only booking for this travel period and destination; and
c) You are not disabled from travel at the time You pay the premium.
24 HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICES (provided by April Travel Protection)
Worldwide Emergency Assistance: A 24-hour emergency telephone assistance service is available for Your benefit so that, in the event of an emergency while on the Covered Trip, English speaking help and advice may be furnished to You.
Part I – Traveler’s Assistance: April Travel Protection’s multilingual staff can assist you in solving a variety of unexpected complications during the Covered Trip such as lost tickets or belongings. If necessary, April Travel Protection may also help locate legal counsel. Pre-Trip information such as cultural, visa requirements and exchange rates can also be provided.
Part II – Medical Assistance: If a medical emergency arises during travel, April Travel Protection may help You find local medical care. Physicians and hospitals worldwide can contact April Travel Protection to confirm coverage and, if required, help You arrange immediate settlement of medical expenses resulting from an Injury during the Covered Trip. April Travel Protection will coordinate emergency medical situations, with Your home physician and arrange Emergency Evacuation services.
Part III – Emergency Cash Transfer: April Travel Protection can help arrange a fund transfer through your credit cards, family, friends, employer or similar source if you need cash while on the Covered Trip.
Complete details of coverage, terms, limitations and exclusions that affect benefits payable are summarized in the Description of Coverage. Read Your Description of Coverage carefully and note any state, provincial or other jurisdictional exceptions that may apply. This information presented herein is not intended to be an offer to solicit or sell a PAC7 partner program in any jurisdiction where PAC7 or its program partners or Underwriters are not authorized or where such action would be unlawful.
IMPORTANT TELEPHONE NUMBERS
While on your trip: 24/7 Emergency Travel Assistance Call:
- U.S./Canada: 1 (877) 317-3472
- Outside U.S./Canada: 001 (305) 455-1566
For Claims questions: 1 (877) 409-3953 (Monday-Friday, non-Bank holidays)
For Policy & Coverage questions: 1 (877) 409-3953 (Monday-Friday, non-Bank holidays)
Underwriter’s Travel Insurance Restricted Countries
Insurance products are underwritten by: American Modern Home Insurance Company, 7000 Midland Boulevard Amelia, OH 45102. “American Modern” refers to the companies under the American Modern Insurance Group, Inc. Insurance coverage is underwritten by one or more of the companies of American Modern Insurance Group, Inc. which include: In California: AFH Insurance Company and American Modern Insurance Company; Other states: American Modern Home Insurance Company, American Family Home Insurance Company, American Western Home Insurance Company, American Southern Home Insurance Company, American Modern Lloyds Insurance Company, American Modern Insurance Company of Florida, Inc., American Modern Surplus Lines Insurance Company and American Modern Select Insurance Company, Amelia, Ohio.