Property Protection Program
Make it Easy to Protect Vacation Investments: Insurance designed to protect homeowners and property managers during short-term vacation rentals.
The Property Protection Program offers peace of mind to owners, property managers and travel marketplace platforms: Filling the gap in homeowners and accidental damage protection plans.
WHY IS IT NEEDED?
Typical accidental damage protection and deposit waiver plans provide limited protection against damage to the contents of a vacation home, yet no protection to the actual home itself. And, most traditional homeowner insurance policies will not cover property and liability claims that arise from vacation rental activities.
In addition, homeowners and/or property managers may be considered liable in case of any accidents or injuries while vacation homes are rented. That’s why we implemented the Property Protection Program with various underwriters.
WHAT COVERAGE IS AVAILABLE?
- Damage to property contents due to unintentional accidental acts (“damage protection”).
- A homeowner’s personal and real property during a vacation rental.
- A homeowner’s liability for accidents and injury to a renter and third parties during a vacation rental.
- Property managers and travel booking sites’ liability for accidents and injury to a renter and third parties during a vacation rental.
- Additional optional features include coverages for bedbug, and personal effects and liability.
The Program provides varying coverage limits, allowing coverage to be customized, in various combination:
- Contents Damage Coverage limits: $500; $1,000; $1,500; $2,000 and $3,000.
- Daily-rate, on-demand Liability protection for Vacation Rental Homeowners and Managers: premium cost is charged per day of coverage per dwelling. You select which dwellings and which bookings.
- Liability Coverage limits: $100,000; $250,000; $500,000; and $1,000,000. Covers both Bodily Injury and Property Damage.
- Acts as primary coverage while property is rented.
- Bodily Injury benefit covers claims that arise against the Property Manager and/or homeowner due to third-party Bodily Injury that occur during the rental period. Bodily Injury coverage extends to both Homeowner and Property Manager.
- Property Damage benefit covers damage to structure caused by a renter and/or their guests. Property Damage coverage extends to Homeowner.
- Homeowners keep their current homeowners policy. The Program provides homeowners with added Commercial Grade coverage for only those days the property is rented: purchase the coverage you need.
- Covers industry-standard unintentional accidental rental contents damage.
- Fills the Gaps in traditional homeowner’s insurance policies by covering liability claims that arise from vacation rental activities.
- Provides additional protection against damage to the Contents of a vacation rental home, and protection to the actual Dwelling/home itself.
- Mitigates certain risks incurred by property managers and helps protect property manager relationships with owners and the guests they serve.
- Automates program administration and document delivery processes: data submittal is easy.
- Provides web-based claim filing processes: minimize time and paperwork.
Program coverage is competitively priced and can be included in the booking fee, so the process is seamless to both the renter and homeowner. The Program is distributed through travel booking sites and property management companies (not to individual homeowners at this time).
HOW DO I GET IT?
Please email your request to Info@PAC7.com.