Modern Voyage Travel Protection, and TripHedge CFAR Programs Discontinued on December 30, 2017
The American Modern-underwritten Modern Voyage Travel Protection (MVTP) and TripHedge CFAR (“TripHedge”) programs expire December 30, 2017. As a result, the following apply to all sub-producers:
- No MVTP policies may be issued with December 31, 2017, or later effective dates; therefore, no applications can be accepted after December 30, 2017 11:59PM.
- No TripHedge policies may be issued with December 31, 2017, or later effective dates; therefore, no applications can be accepted after December 30, 2017 11:59PM.
- All sub-producer distribution channel technology-supports are being revised to observe the December 30, 2017, requirement to ensure that no MVTP and TripHedge policies will be issued with invalid effective dates.
- ALL travel covered by existing MVTP and TripHedge policies must be completed by December 30, 2018. MVTP and TripHedge policies do not provide any coverage or benefits after December 30, 2018.
- Manual or API-submitted Changes and Modifications to existing MVTP and TripHedge policies issued with effective dates before December 31, 2017, may be changed subject to Plan return date guidelines issued in April 2017, requiring that all travel must be completed on or before December 30, 2018 (no exceptions can be approved).
- Per the above, trips with travel or stay days that extend into year 2019 can not be covered by the MVTP or TripHedge programs.
- Policy cancellations will be processed in accordance with policy provisions.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.